The Algonquin Club, designed by the renowned firm of McKim, Meade and White in 1888 as The social club for the City of Boston, was well past its useful life. Sorely in need of a complete modernization and re-imagining, the new owners, Paul and Sandy Edgerley asked us and internationally known interior designer Ken Fulk to carry out the task. In need of completely new elevator, environmental systems, exterior restoration and functional changes to many of the spaces for modern social club needs and uses, we worked to maintain but update the wonderful and historic grand spaces within the building. Also, as a technical high rise, complete new life safety systems were required to bring the 50,000 square foot 7 story building into compliance with current codes. Marrying the classical-revival style of the main spaces with the amazing art collection and elaborate finishes for our current guilded age desires has prepared the club, now known as the ‘Quin House, for the next 100 years.